Re: Mutopia [WAS: Re: Add LilyPond incipit on an IMSLP page.]

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Mutopia [WAS: Re: Add LilyPond incipit on an IMSLP page.]
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 18:44:09 +0200

Le 08/05/2014 17:35, Federico Bruni disait :

Can I  ask you why? It's because of the license restrictions
(NonCommercial clause is not accepted by Mutopia)?

Because I'm no Mutopia user.

Now the right question would be why am I not a user ?
I've just take a quick look at the Mutopia site. I'd like to add :
a) it is written "The Mutopia Project offers sheet music editions of
classical music for free download" ; which means that it is in direct
competition with IMSLP. Does it make sense ?

Yes, it does. IMSLP doesn't offer the (lilypond) source used to produce the
PDF, so their users cannot modify the scores or re-adapt them in derivative
works.

It's up to the typesetter to upload them (what I did for BWV 106 and 246 as well as King Arthur, and will do when I'm finished with Monteverdi's Sanctissimae Virgini Missa and vespers next year).

I would add that in some circumstances, page-size (A4 *and* letter) makes a score not acceptable on Mutopia.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles