Re: ADVOCACY "Digital Edition" conference

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: ADVOCACY "Digital Edition" conference
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 22:17:57 +0200

Am 11.05.2014 21:43, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
Hi,

I'd like to propose that, for
posts dealing with introducing LP to wider audiences, suggesting switching
from commercial products and the like, we "tag" the subject with "ADVOCACY",
so those looking for assistance and those making suggestions will have a way
of filtering posts, without needing a section on the web site (that might be
a good idea, anyway), or starting a new mail list.

This is similar to my idea of gathering such resources in one place -
i've already started this at
https://github.com/openlilylib/development-resources/tree/master/promoting-lilypond
; it may be a good idea to continue developing that.  Tagging posts on
the mailing list is a good idea, but i'm afraid that we'll keep
forgetting about this.

It least with regard to the mailing list I also think this can't be a definitive solution. Mailing lists are great for their archives, but these archives aren't very good for gathering information.

Urs

best,
Janek