Re: Adjusting distance between staves in a system

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Adjusting distance between staves in a system
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 11:27:43 +0200

Not exactly the solution you asked for, but: Why don’t you use \stemDown? Would save vertical space …

On 16.05.2014 09:38, Javier Ruiz-Alma wrote:
v2.18.2

I have a PianoStaff and need to increase the spacing between the staves within
a system where LP has them too close.
The PianoStaff has a treble, bass, and dynamics staves.
I tried increasing the padding around a hairpin in the dynamics that's adjacent
to the pinched bar:

\override Hairpin.padding = #4  %doesn't work\override Hairpin.bound-padding =
#4 %doesn't work

\override Hairpin.height = #4 %spacing between staves is good, but now I have a
wide hairpin!

Is there a way to increase the top & bottom padding for a centered hairpin, such
that it spaces the treble & bass staves vertically while retaining it's default
shape?

Any other alternatives to arbitrarily increase the vertical space of a single
system?

  Javier