Re: midi

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: midi
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 13:24:49 -0400

Ubuntu has a small difficulty in that you might have also the added
nonsense of not all midi instruments are callable as the default midi
sound set is incomplete. So certain instruments or voices do not work.
example "string ensemble 2 " doesn't work. There are others. That just
happens to be the one that comes to mind.
Also timidity is your friend. and further you might need to check your
midi connections in Frescobaldi preferences to make sure it is piping
out to the correct midi port. Which for me is usually "TiMidity port
0" You can use the refresh button and that will find out what ports
are available.

Shane