Whiteout attached to NoteHead

From: James Worlton
Subject: Whiteout attached to NoteHead
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:59:14 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to get the whiteout that is attached to the NoteHead to not cover the ledger line. Also, it would be ideal if I could extend the width of the whiteout to the width of the ledger lines.

The code below gives the output shown in the attached image. I've tried substituting Staff.LedgerLineSpanner in place of the NoteHeads in the code--hoping to solve both issues--but it does not work.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

\version "2.19.6"

\score {
  \new Staff {