Re: How to separate these voices??

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to separate these voices??
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:41:03 +0200

address@hidden writes:

>          Ooops sorry.....
>

> \version "2.18.0"
>
>  voiceone = \relative c' {
>     <<
>     { e2. | }
>       \\
>     { gis,8[ b] gis[ b] gis[ b] | }
>     >>
>  }
>
>  voicetwo = \relative c {
>     < e, e' >4 dis' cis |
>  }
>
>  guitar = << { \voiceone } \\ { \voicetwo } >>
>
> global = {
>   \time 3/4
>   \key e \major
>   \clef "G_8"
> }
>

>     \score {
>       \new Staff  { << \global \guitar >> }
>
>       \layout { }
>     }

Nesting several \\ at different levels does not work.  This is one case
where you are better off using explicit voices anyway since you can then
finetune the \voiceXxx things using for shifting voices apart in the
case of collision.  That gives you

\version "2.18.0"

 voiceone = \relative c' <<
   \new Voice {
     \voiceOne
     e2. | }
   \new Voice {
     \voiceThree
     gis,8[ b] gis[ b] gis[ b] | }

voicetwo = \relative c
\new Voice {
  \voiceTwo
    < e, e' >4 dis' cis |
}

guitar = << \voiceone \voicetwo >>

global = {
  \time 3/4
  \key e \major
  \clef "G_8"
}

\score {
  \new Staff  { << \global \guitar >> }

  \layout { }
}
I'm not overly convinced in how it is typeset, but then I don't have a
better suggestion after juggling with different presets.

PNG image

--
David Kastrup