Arpeggio across voices

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Arpeggio across voices
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 06:35:34 -0700

I have a chord that's arpeggiated but the top note is in another voice.  I want the arpeggio indicator to go from the chord in one voice to the note in another.  So far what I have is this, but the note stem goes up to the moving voice.  Is there a way to lengthen the arpeggio  indicator or remove the note stem?  Or some other solution?

\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

\relative c'' {
  << { b'8 ( [ a ] ) fs8-. d-. } \\ { <d fs b>8 \arpeggio s s4 } >>
}

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)