Re: List defect?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: List defect?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 00:03:12 +0100

Simon Albrecht  wrote Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:53 PM

now there definitely seems to be something wrong with mail delivery on the list. Some people already reported they were not receiving some posts at all. With me, some posts pop up another time two days or so after they were originally sent (including my own). Do any of you know what might be going on? And where to eventually report this buggy behaviour?
This effect can be caused by one of the mail relays
en route going down.  Other mail relays then have to
queue up the mail destined for that relay.  They
retry periodically, and when it comes back up the
queued mail is resent, but often it can take quite
a time (many hours) to catch up, so delayed mail comes
interspersed with new mail.

Trevor