Re: a thank you :)

From: Chris Crossen
Subject: Re: a thank you :)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:07:36 -0700

On Aug 17, 2014, at 10:57 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> today's no special anniversary, but i'd like to publicly thank David
>>> Kastrup for all the work he's been doing on LilyPond for the last
>>> years.  Many of his patches are relatively small cleanups and code
>>> simplifications in the areas i have no experience with, so it's hard
>>> to appreciate them when they appear - but they do add up, and from a
>>> time perspective i begin to see their value :)
>>
>> I’d like to add my thanks also. I’ve been helped by David and I’m
>> sure many others have also.
>
> Yes!  He's doing great work.  And if you as a user are able to
> financially support him: Please do so!
>

>    Werner

I’d also like to add some comments about supporting David. I have been
contributing financially to David’s work for a while now. I am going to be
retiring at the end of this year and won’t be able to continue my support.

I hope we can drum up some additional support to make up for the shortfall I
will be creating by retiring.