Re: Henle Music font

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Henle Music font
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:40:15 -0700 (PDT)

tisimst wrote
> Hraban,
>
> Thank you for this information. It's very helpful!
>
> I'd just like to mention that the purpose of this work is NOT to make a
> clone of the CURRENT, or recent, Henle font. I don't even want to go
> there. It's just not what I do. I have a great respect all the hard work
> that goes into designing a font and I don't want to be a black-market
> copycat even though it may be "legal" to do so in the US. I can't control
> what others do with Henle's designs, but that's where I stand on the
> matter.
>
> Thus, the current plan for the Henle look-a-like font would be to digitize
> a nice design from the mid-1900s. I'm still deciding which one (for there
> are many), but I should have that decided soon. I'll post some actual
> Henle score images to get everyone's thoughts and recommendations on the
> matter before I begin creating the font.
>
> Regards,
> Abraham

All,

Here are some sample scans <http://fonts.openlilylib.org/henle-images/>   of
Henle scores I have. Which one should I base the new font off of? I know
that there are even more designs, but I'll start with these (unless no one
likes these ones :)

At first glance, the Beethoven-1950 one looks a lot the Notaset design,
which Maestro and Bravura are based on, and the Brahms-1976 one might be too
close to the one Henle uses now. Anyone else like to chime in?

Regards,
Abraham