Re: overriding articulate.ly

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: overriding articulate.ly
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:15:09 -0006

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I often \include "articulate.ly" to generate midifiles from my LilyPond scores. Looking at the content of the articulate.ly file I see for example: #(define ac:staccatoFactor '(1 . 2)) Is there a way to override these values in my score, without changing the content of the included articulate.ly file? I would like a shorter staccato for my pianomusic. thanks, MT _______________________________________________ lilypond-user mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user

Martin,

Have you tried just over-writing those variables (in your file, of course) that you want to change? I think you would just have to do this after the \include "articulate.ly" line. I guess the only issue you might run into here is if there are dependencies within articulate.ly itself that use the default definitions.

Regards,
Abraham