Re: Figured bass - rest - hepl please

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Figured bass - rest - hepl please
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 08:39:41 +0100

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 06:34 +0000, Helena K. wrote:
> Me too. But my professor told me, that is correctly.

but is he right? Are those apparent 1/8th note rests actually 7, meaning
a seventh? Only more context would allow more certainty (and a plausible
explanation of what it might mean to place a rest above another figure -
e.g. to indicate what are nowadays called power chords).
Is the score you have gotten these examples from on IMSLP? Or can you
upload it?

Richard