Re: losing a bar number when the first beat is irregular

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: losing a bar number when the first beat is irregular
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 14:53:33 +0200

Am 04.10.2014 um 14:33 schrieb Son_V:
Hi all, as I have said i use Musescore to write down the notes and lyrics,
then I export to .xml to import the file in Frescobaldi. I encounter a
humble problem. If the score I'm transcribing has just one note in the first
beat, to have a correct visual correspondence with the original score, I
must set the 'properties' of this beat in MuseScore as "nominal 4/4, actual
1/4" and "irregular", I get that the first beat seems without "numbering"
properties so all the subsequent beats have their correct numbering -1. How
can I fix it? Sorry, I've tried to search for an answer but wasn't capable
to find an answer.
Do you mean an anacrusis or upbeat? <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/music-glossary/anacrusis> This is represented in LilyPond through the partial command explained in <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms#upbeats>. And, if you permit the remark, what a pity if Musescore doesn’t provide a proper notation for that. Or does it?

HTH, Simon