Re: losing a bar number when the first beat is irregular

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: losing a bar number when the first beat is irregular
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 16:46:47 +0100

On Sat, 2014-10-04 at 06:57 -0700, Son_V wrote:
> Yes ... bar numbering. I used it in the subject of the post, but misspelled
> it here.

In that case you can put
\set Score.currentBarNumber = #2
in the first full bar to cause this to be numbered as bar 2.

This is not the conventional numbering - LilyPond generates the
conventional numbering by default.

Incidentally, I found this syntax by using Denemo which has a command to
set the bar number (if you need to) and it generates LilyPond syntax
directly. (And, of course, it is quicker for entering music in the first
place :) )

Richard