Re: New member - Bar numbers placement problem

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: New member - Bar numbers placement problem
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:08:24 -0500

Hi Pierre,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Les Editions Valmajour <address@hidden> wrote:
That's right, I was focused on the automation thing, but I will use it manually for now, the piece is not so long anyway :)

Yes, the automation thing is really a shame.  Unfortunately, I don't believe it is possible to do with an \override of InstrumentName which handles positioning beautifully!

The reason is that the 'currentBarNumber is a context property, which as far as I know, is inaccessible from within the function "use-my-text".

The reason I tried the Scheme engraver is that context properties are immediately available, but the big problem with that approach is evident!  Depending on how the text is set in the engraver, all the numbers are either the first bar number or the last+1.

I think that if you want automation your best approach would be to look at modifying the position of BarNumber.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

You're very welcome!

--David