Re: Unicode Font Issues

From: Bric
Subject: Re: Unicode Font Issues
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 06:48:40 -0500

On 11/02/2014 05:22 AM, Jay Vara wrote:
Yes, you are right. The unicode fonts failed on 2.19.5. I even tried the new windows 10 and it failed.

Now that I know it works on linux (thanks to Bric), I will try to get access to linux using virtual box and try it out.

Just my two cents about Linux and Ubuntu: Installing Ubuntu has become a breeze. Also, there are a plethora of cool utilities that make compiling easy, too (it's nice to be able to compile the latest lilypond and whatever, locally). Well, you need to know some basic command-line stuff, I suppose.

One particular, however: I would stay away from "Unity", and opt for "GNOME" during installation. Someone could still correct me and persuade me about the glory of Unity, but I have instinctively disliked it from its inception, and am happily using the "traditional" Gnome. And I also feel like the new newcomers who never get to experience Gnome would be missing its sensibility and might never know they had the option to choose between the two.

Well, the above is more like 25cents. And I risk reactionary responses from Unity fans - but rational arguments are welcomed.

good luck with your installation and implementation.  Should be really easy.

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    > If it works on Linux, I may have a way to get Linux on the windows
    > PC using Virtual Box. On the other hand I am using version 2.18.2 -
    > perhaps I should try 2.19.5 first.

    I fear that 2.19.5 will fail on Windows as 2.18.2 does.

        Werner