Re: Changing thickness of ParenthesesItem

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Changing thickness of ParenthesesItem
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 18:56:35 -0600

Hi Harm,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Abraham,

thanks for your reply, sounds logical.
OTOH, we have functions like 'make-bezier-sandwich-stencil', which is
used in 'make-parenthesis-stencil' and finally in
'parenthesize-stencil'
They are not used here ofcourse, though it might be worth a thought.
(only row brainstorming...)

I think this would be great!   That way there could be a unified approach to parenthesizing entire chords (instead of note-by-note).  Scaling for those would be really clunky.

Arpeggio draws a slur shape for ly:arpeggio::brew-chord-slur, and I ended up using Bezier curves  for my experiment with full-chord parentheses here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg69435.html (which will need to be updated to work with current versions, I'm afraid).

Best,
David