Re: Lilypond 2.16 and 2.18 incompatibility for \relative without absolut

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.16 and 2.18 incompatibility for \relative without absolute note outside the score
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:07:03 +0100

Hi Mark

Interesting project, thanks for sharing it!

Il giorno mar 4 nov 2014 alle 17:02, Mark Veltzer <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Unfortunately I cannot use convert-ly, since on a large project such as I am working on I am using an extra pre-processor before handing out the output to lilypond.

This means that my "source" files are not in lilypond format but only contain snipplets of lilypond code. I actually imagine that every large scale lilypond project would do something like this.

I would have put the music in a separate .ly file instead of putting it in the .mako files. I guess that any lilypond user would have done so, but I don't know how much it's difficult to use external files in your project (as Mutopia does, for example).
However I would not contribute to this project unless  it uses external files.

The problem you are reporting can be fixed using sed, as already advised.
However in the next future you should expect syntax changes. You are not using any \version statement in your snippets. This is a very bad practice, even if convert-ly can still update the syntax if you specify the version from which you want to update. Command to run it recursively:

cd openbook
find src/ -name '*.mako' -exec convert-ly -e -n -f 2.14.2 -t 2.18.2 '{}' \;

No changes.

Where can we find the rendered book? The domain linked on github is expired.
I cannot run make in the source directory. Probably because I should install your templar project? But there are no instructions about how to do so.

Finally your scripts/ubuntu_install.py lists guile-2.0-dev as dependency to build lilypond. It should be guile-1.8-dev, because the upgrade to guile 2 is still pending. Also, why putting okular as dependency? Any distro has its own default PDF viewer, no need to add a dependency IMO.

Cheers
Federico