absolute font size issues

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: absolute font size issues
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 09:42:12 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

to get a consistent global layout of a title, it seems to me that the
best solution is to use absolute font-size values so that
`set-global-staff-size' doesn't influence the layout.  However, there
are some issues.

  . What's the unit of \abs-fontsize's `SIZE' parameter?
    Typographical Points, i.e. 72.27pt = 1 inch?  The documentation
    lacks this.

  . While we have \abs-fontsize, there is no equivalent to that for
    `baseline-skip'.  What's the recommended way to set it in a
    consistent way (this is, always using the same *typographical*
    unit)?  I can imagine a combination of \abs-fontsize and
    baseline-skip, but this sounds quite inconvenient and error-prone.
    Additionally, it's not trivial to map the units of baseline-skip
    to, say, typographical points.

    I would like to have an \abs-baselike-skip function added to
    LilyPond...

I guess I'm not the first stumbling upon those issues, so I wonder
whether there are nice solutions to this already available.  Looking
into the LSR, however, I don't see something relevant, unfortunately.

    Werner