Piano voices

From: Noeck
Subject: Piano voices
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 11:48:14 +0100

Hi,

this is a question more about music notation than Lilypond:

I typeset the Prelude V by Rachmaninoff in Lilypond and I tried to use
two voices per Staff for it. I chose the voice (1,2,3,4) from the
direction of the stems in the original notation and partly from the
musical context. Here is the result so far, the voices are coloured:

http://joramberger.de/files/rach-prelude23-05.pdf

Could anyone of you how knows piano music and its notation help me and
say if that is done correctly (also in general but in particular the
assignment of voices)?

The original is some times a bit inconsistent concerning the use of s
and r rests and concerning the stem directions. In particular, if the
same motive appears again, the stems directions may be switched. Would
you keep close to the original? Is there a reason for that?

What would be your advice?

Thanks for any help.
Joram

PS: This is work in progress and there is no fine tuning at all.