Re: Autobeam constraints

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Autobeam constraints
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:11:43 +0100

Sorry, hit the send key too early.

The documentation about beams (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/beams) suggests that you can enabel and disable automatic beaming in the measure. In the following example I expected the last three notes to have the stem up like in a voiceOne context:

\version "2.18.0"

\relative c'' {
  \time 3/4  \key es \major

  %% need stem up
  as8\> c f
  %% neeed stem down
  as c f\! |
}

So I placed the corresponding voice commands and added \autoBeamOff to interrupt the beaming for two notes:

\relative c'' {
  \time 3/4  \key es \major

  \voiceTwo as8\> c \autoBeamOff f
  \voiceOne as \autoBeamOn c f\! |
}

But the result isn't convincing. The beam is added for f and as altough it should be possible inside the measure. Finally I managed the score with disabling the automatic beaming for the whole measure. But why is this necessary? Is the doc not exact?

\relative c'' {
  \time 3/4  \key es \major

  \autoBeamOff
  \voiceTwo as8[\> c]  f