Re: Staccato

From: Cynthia Karl
Subject: Re: Staccato
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:57:07 -0600

> On Jan 20, 2015, at 7:14 AM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> 4. To find the override for staccatos, I tried to find the property of
> Script that specifies the direction. I used the Frescobaldi autocomplete
> and typed \override Script. and Ctrl+Space which showed me
> that there is a property called direction, which sounds good.
> I could also have clicked on the word 'Script' in the pdf above, which
> would have brought me to:
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/script
> Where direction is also mentioned.
> => \override Scripts.direction = and then?

On a mac, it's apparently Cmnd+Space.  But when I tried that I got the
Spotlight popup. There was a keyboard setting that apparently overrode
Frescobaldi's use of the shortcut.  So I turned that off:  Apple->System
Preferences->
Keyboard->Shortcuts->Spotlight->Show Spotlight search.  There was another usage
of Cmnd+Space in Keyboard->Input Sources, which I also turned off (I wonder how
that shortcut sharing thingy is supposed to work).

Now when I do what you described above, I get the Completion Popup.  Yay!

Thanks.

Nobody seems very enthused about my suggestion to modify the definition of
Staccato in Musical Glossary. An entry for Augmentation Dot might also be nice.
 I might also suggest to add a little documentation for dotsDown in the
Notation Manual.

Is Gould's "Behind Bars" the unofficial go-to reference for LilyPond notation
questions?