Re: Gridly: simple Segmented Grid

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Gridly: simple Segmented Grid
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:27:10 +0100

Hi Matteo,

as I've already expressed privately I think this is a great project - thank you for following up on my ideas. If I get the README right this will in fact overcome several limitations of my so-far manual approach. I hope we'll be able to make that generally available in the most straight-forward manner.

However, your example files don't compile with LilyPond 2.19. (the oldest 2.19 I can test is 2.19.6, so I don't exactly know where it breaks). 2.18.2 works fine but 2.19.x results in

Parsing...

/home/uliska/git/openlilylib/gridly/example/multi-file/../../grid-templates.ily:31:44: error: syntax error, unexpected MUSIC_FUNCTION, expecting \sequential or \simultaneous or << or '{'

\new Lyrics \lyricsto "soprano"

\gridGetLyrics "soprano" $segments

and then of course numerous follow-up errors.

Can anyone tell me (or Matteo) if there have been any significant changes in lyrics handling that may cause this?

Urs