Re: Coloring Ledger Lines

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Coloring Ledger Lines
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:19:23 -0500

David,

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM, David B. Stocker <address@hidden> wrote:
Okay, David provided the answer to my last question about the spacing, I just had to figure it out.

It seems like a hack to my, but it achieves the result I'm after, so if no one has a more elegant suggestion, this is what I'm going with:

If you're just going to have a few changes, then there would be a need to create so many new StaffSymbols.  Why not:

\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
  indent = 0\in
  ragged-right = ##f
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \relative c, {
      \clef "treble_8"
      \cadenzaOn
      \override Staff.NoteHead.color = #grey
      \override Staff.Stem.color = #grey
      \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.color = #grey
      e4 f g a b
      \stopStaff \startStaff
      \revert Staff.NoteHead.color
      \revert Staff.Stem.color
      \revert Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.color
      c d e f g a b c
      \stopStaff \startStaff
      \override Staff.NoteHead.color = #grey
      \override Staff.Stem.color = #grey
      \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.color = #grey
      d e f g \bar "||"
    }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff \remove Time_signature_engraver

In other words, just remember to put

\stopStaff \startStaff

before every override of LedgerLineSpanner.

-DN