Re: centering note columns [WAS: Directional NoteHead Stencil Support]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: centering note columns [WAS: Directional NoteHead Stencil Support]
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:39:32 -0400

Hi David,

> Try the attached out.  It will only center an object if the contents of all
> staves can reasonably be centered.

So far, I would call that "perfect”!  =)

> It would be easy, of course, to define shortcuts for \override/\once
> \override/\revert and the like

As long as that’s all it takes (i.e., no Scheme or C++ work), then that’s great.

> but I fear you have something more difficult in mind

Nope. I only offered (b) as an option if (a) didn’t work out… but so far, your
v2 solves the problem perfectly, as far as I can tell.

Any reason why this can’t be submitted as a patch?

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>