Re: Text above fermata

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Text above fermata
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:33:07 -0700

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 01:37:58AM +0000, Craig Dabelstein wrote:
> Hi Lilyponders,
>
> Does anybody know how I can get the text in this example to be above the
> fermata instead of below?
>
> When the fermata is attached o a full measure rest, the text goes
> automatically above, but when attached to a 2 beat rest the text goes below.

You want the outside-staff-priority property.  Either set the
fermata's (Script.) property small, so that it goes closer to the
staff, or set the markup's (TextScript.) large, so that it goes
farther away from the staff.

Actually, I can't get the latter to work on short notice, so here's
the former:

\version "2.18.2"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    c4 c c c |
    R1\fermataMarkup ^"G.P." |

    c4 c c c |
    c2 r2\fermata ^"G.P." |

    c4 c c c |
    c2
    \once \override Script.outside-staff-priority = #50
    r2\fermata ^"G.P." |

Jim