Re: Programming error

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Programming error
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 07:44:29 -0500

Hi Peter,

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Peter Toye <address@hidden> wrote:
Sorry for the late reply - been rather busy.

This is the LP that gives the error - I don't think I can cut it down any more.

I got round it by accident - changed quite a few details and it worked OK, but I'm not 100% sure exactly which combination of changes solved the problem. But I can't see what's wrong with what I've got.

The problem lies in removing the engraver for stems.  Unfortunately, I have no time to figure out why, but you might just use \omit to remove them from sight.  Notice that I commented out a number of extra lines:

\version "2.18.2"

\language "english"

\layout {
  ragged-right  = ##t
}

myBar= { \bar "|" }

\score {
  %{
 \new Staff \with {
   \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
   \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

 }

 \new Voice \with {
   \remove "Stem_engraver"
 }
  %}
  \relative c {
    \key c \major
    \clef bass
    \set Timing.defaultBarType = ""

    << \new Voice

       \with {
         %\remove "Stem_engraver"
         \omit Stem
       }

       {
         \voiceOne
         d1^5 s \myBar c^4 s \myBar b^3}
       \new Voice

       \with {
         %\remove "Stem_engraver"
         \omit Stem
       }

       { \voiceTwo
         g4 a g a b a b a g a g a b a b a g a g a }

%%%%%%%%%

Hope this helps,
David