Re: Roman Numeral placement

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Roman Numeral placement
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 23:59:25 +0200

> Harm , Thomas Morley and others
> I like to follow the discussions even if I don't understand/need something
> because I usually learn a lot and sometimes even adapt some ideas or code
> into something I can use later.
>
> In this thread I was amazed that the scheme created could interpret the
> chords!!!

Well, it does not!
Apart from the most simple cases and only in c-major. ;)

It may be doable to extend the ChordRootNamer to cover more keys and
let our chord-naming-engine do some additional work.
But it will likely be restricted to the simpelst use cases (as others
mentioned already)

> I tend to analyze music (almost daily). Usually I print it out and
> go over it and mark in what I need. When I saw this i instantly tried it on
> some of my scores and was amazed.
>
> Now where I was lost was -
> 1. is it possible to make it read polyphony? <<\top \\ \bottom>> without re
> writing it as a chord?
> 2. the ability to add it to any score as needed for analysis
> 3. to only transpose when needed to specific keys?
> 4. use not only pianoStaff but whatever the score uses

A summarizing answer:
For most questioned I'd answer: I don't know or I doubt
At least I don't have the time to work on it.

There's a patch of mine needing some rework and I didn't add a single
line of code to it for about 2 weeks ...

> Thanks
>
> Stephen
>
> And I really was impressed
> and liked how it listed the chord and numeral

Cheers,
  Harm