Re: Do we really offer the future?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Do we really offer the future?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:48:43 -0400

Hi Stephen (et al.)

> anyway I tried a few examples and used %1a %2a etc for measures and used the
> bar check (|) as an end
> eg.
> %1a
> music |

I use

    music   | % 1

Would sed still work?

> worked almost every time, only problem I had was if I had to fix the octave

Yet another reason to deprecate \relative, which I now avoid like the plague.
(Unfortunately, I was suckered into using it when I started using Lilypond over
a decade ago, so all my legacy code is in \relative mode. Using Frescobaldi,
I’m slowly converting all my old code to absolute mode.)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info