Re: Place note over bar

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Place note over bar
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:28:22 -0500

Hi Andrés.

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:06 PM, AndrésPérezLópez <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,

it's a pleasure for me to write my first email in the list. I'm still very
new to Lilypond, so please forgive my ignorance.

Welcome to Lilypond and to the list!

We are in the development of an alternative music notation system, based on
proportional pitch and time representation. At the moment we have a
SuperCollider-based GUI for music edition and automatic transcription trough
MIDI.

We have considered using Lilypond for the graphical score output, due to its
wonderful features. Most of our required graphical notation symbols are
already implemented.

However, we are having problems with position of bar lines. We do use
regular bar lines for separating the bars but, in our proposal, the notes
are placed over the bars (and not at the right side, as in normal notation).
We still didn't find any property of the bar lines that would allow us to
place them in top of the first bar's note.

Therefore, I would like to ask you if someone has an advice about the point.

I remember this coming up on the user list a while ago.  Actually, quite a while ago: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg70143.html.

I've updated the file attached to that thread to work with current versions.  I haven't looked at the code beyond that, and I'm guessing there's room for quite a bit of improvement.

Maybe it will prove useful, or at least pave the way to a better tool.

Best,
David