Re: opinions?

From: Stephen MacNeil
Subject: Re: opinions?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 00:04:59 -0400

Luca and David

Luca

>could you post a snippet? I'd be very interested in see the code...
>Thank you in advance,

I posted it on
http://mglessons.com/lilypond/
at the top and bottom with pdf and ly

David

>It is, but why you can't use \shape is not clear. The functionality is the same--displacing default control-points.  Of
>course, \shape is designed to work on single curves rather than as an
>override of multiple curves.

I use it on single curves as well. Actually in my function
\staffSlur #`(0 0 -.1 .1 ,rat 0 ,len 0)
and

\shape #`((0 . 0) (-.1 . .1) (,rat . 0) (,len . 0)) Slur

reacted the exact same way. However neither did exactly what I wanted. I tested cases that probably would never happen. Slurs up down etc. And in both cases they failed. You see I don't need to rebuild the entire slur each time just a small tweak. That's the purpose of the function. This said I noticed that changing

(+ (list-ref offsets (1+ (* 1 n))) ;was (* 2 n)))

solved the problem. Since i had the code for shapeSlur it was just more convenient to modify, instead of searching where shape was. I did follow suit with the name however.

Thanks again

Stephen

Thanks for the help. I couldn't get minimum-length to do anything, however I was able to solve the problem using a modified version of shapeSlur (is that the predecessor of shape?) in conjunction with other things,