Re: rhytm

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: rhytm
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 14:28:21 +0100

OK.  Fuller answer.

1) It's easy to create a snippet in the LSR: it was designed for this purpose.  It's harder to update the main LilyPond package.
2) If the main package were updated, then we would also need to update the documentation.
3) All the work on LilyPond is done by volunteers who may have other priorities.
4) The functionality you're using is not needed often: why bother to add it to the main package? It's trivial to find in the LSR if you look.

So: if you want to extend LilyPond in a particular way, do what the rest of us here have done: read the Contributors Guide and start work.

HTH

--
Phil Holmes