Re: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?

From: pls
Subject: Re: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 13:25:42 +0200

On 25.05.2015, at 01:16, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 5/23/15 11:59 PM, "pls" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> \transpose f g { <f,-1 c-3 f-4 a-2 c'-1 f'-1>1 }
>
> Here's a revised version of translation-functions.scm.  It will generate
> barres only if fingers are indicated, and multiple strings use the same
> finger.  It does work properly on the chord you listed above.
>
> It does not generate barres on transposed open chords.
>
> Please review and let me know what you think.

Works great!  Thanks a million!

Should/Could LilyPond issue a warning message in the case of open strings
whenever "wrong" fingers (not 0) are ignored?  Or is it better to silently set
the fingers to 0?
Example: <d-1 a d' f’> (Perhaps the user simply forgot to set the minimum fret
to 5)

Thanks again,

patrick