Re: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?

From: pls
Subject: Re: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 10:44:34 +0200

On 26.05.2015, at 04:34, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 5/25/15 5:25 AM, "pls" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Works great!  Thanks a million!
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>

>> Should/Could LilyPond issue a warning message in the case of open strings
>> whenever "wrong" fingers (not 0) are ignored?  Or is it better to
>> silently set the fingers to 0?
>> Example: <d-1 a d' f¹> (Perhaps the user simply forgot to set the minimum
>> fret to 5)
>
> Here's a new patch that has the warning implemented.  Give it a try.
> You'll need to rename it, I think.

It doesn’t seem to have any effect.  I used these test cases:

\new FretBoards {
  <f,-1 c-3 f-4 a-2 c'-1 f'-1>1 % this works
  <d-1 a d' f’> % finger is set to zero, no warning!
}

I’m sorry to ask but I checked the translation-function files several times:
Did you inadvertently send me an unchanged file? diff did not show any
difference between this file and the last file.

Thanks for your help!

patrick