currentBarNumber has no effect on quoted music

From: Cynthia Karl
Subject: currentBarNumber has no effect on quoted music
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 10:23:03 -0500

Suppose I have a piece of music to perform that has both simple and difficult passages.  It would be helpful if I could derive a practice piece that had only the difficult passages.  My first attempt at doing this is:

\version "2.19.20"

music = \relative c'' {
    c1 d
    \tuplet 3/2 16 { c32 d e f e f g f e d c d  }
    \tuplet 3/2 4 { c8 d e f e f g f e  }
    d1 c
}

{ \music }

\addQuote "music" \music

practice = \relative c'' {
    \set Timing.currentBarNumber = 3
    \quoteDuring #"music" s1
}

{ \practice }

Apparently, however, setting the currentBarNumber has no effect on the music quoted by \quoteDuring; the quoted music starts at measure 1, not measure 3.  Is there some other way of affecting what music gets quoted temporally?