Re: music function with access to context properties like currentBarNumb

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: music function with access to context properties like currentBarNumber?
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:47:13 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Malte Meyn-3 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My first thought was “I need a music function that accesses
currentBarNumber” but that (and, for the more advanced version,
measureLength) is a context property. Now I don’t know how to get the
context to this music function and making it return a (make-music
'MultiMeasureRestMusic …). Attached is my first attempt but that returns
only (make-music 'ApplyContext …).

Is this the correct approach? Or do I have to write an engraver? If so,
where can I learn how to do that?

+1!

I would love to know how to do this, too!

- Abraham