lilypond-book (again) and LyricText font problem

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: lilypond-book (again) and LyricText font problem
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 18:22:51 +0200

Hi list,

I use lilypond-book and lualatex for a project.

I have a .ily file with

\paper {
  indent = 0
  ragged-right = ##f
  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree "Mala's Handwriting"
                          "Mala's Handwriting"
                          "Mala's Handwriting"
                          (/ (* staff-height pt) 2.5)))

}

in it.

When I compile standalone snippets that include this file, the lyrics
are in "Mala's Handwriting". When compiling the same snippets with
lilypond-book, the text font is replaced by Bitstream Vera Sans Roman.

I tried to force lilypond to use this font by adding

\context {
    \Score
    \override LyricText.font-name = "Mala's Handwriting"
}

to the .ily file, but there's no difference.

I assume that the Bitstream font is some fallback font, but there are
no apparent error messages during compilation. The text font for the
latex part is "Mala's Handwriting" which is displayed nicely.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marc