Positioning Dynamics Contexts

From: Cynthia Karl
Subject: Positioning Dynamics Contexts
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 09:53:57 -0500

Is there a useful way to get closer association of a staff and a dynamics context in the following snippet?

\version "2.19.23"

musicA = \relative c'' {    \repeat unfold 24 c4     \break     \repeat unfold 24 d4}
dynamicsA = {    s1 s\p s s\f s s         s1\p s\mp s\mf s\f s\ff s\fff}
musicB = \relative c'' {    \repeat unfold 24 b4    \break    \repeat unfold 24 a4}
dynamicsB = {    s1 s^"espress." s s s\startTextSpan s\stopTextSpan    s1 s s s s s}

\score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
        \new Staff \musicA
        \new Dynamics \dynamicsA
        \new Dynamics \dynamicsB
        \new Staff \musicB

}

The problem is in the 2nd staff where dynamicsB has no “content”.  This results in the spacing engine positioning dynamicsA (almost) exactly in the middle of the two staves.  I would prefer that even in the 2nd system dynamicsA should be a lot closer to the upper staff.  Basically, I would like the 2nd system to be treated as if dynamicsB actually had some invisible content, forcing spacing like in the 1st system.