Re: Having some trouble getting LilyPond to run on the command line

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Having some trouble getting LilyPond to run on the command line
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 08:34:17 +0200

Il giorno ven 25 set 2015 alle 4:28, Daniel Miller <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I'm new to the mailing list. I'm hoping that someone can give me some help with getting LilyPond to run on the command line. I followed the steps at http://www.lilypond.org/macos-x.html for installation. I then got through step 3, creating lilypond-book, convert-ly, etc. However, I'm stuck on chmod u+x lilypond. That returns an error:

chmod: lilypond: No such file or directory.

Make sure you are in the correct directory, as explained on the website. Type these two commands in the terminal:

cd ~/bin
ls

If you see a file called lilypond, then you can change the permissions:

chmod +x lilypond