Re: Upgrade to 2.18 from...a long time ago

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 2.18 from...a long time ago
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:36:49 +0200

Edward Ardzinski <address@hidden> writes:

> My computer died, and while I should be able to salvage my old filed,
> but for now I'm trying to deal with using note pad.
>
> It seems my old template might work ok, I thought that I could not use
> \tempo in the midi {} block, but it seems to work.

According to convert-ly rules, it was removed from the parser in
version 2.9.16, but in version 2.15.32 _any_ property-setting music
expression was allowed into a \midi or \layout block, including but not
limited to \tempo.

So yes, you thought right.  And chances are that when running convert-ly
on your input file, the resulting \midi { \tempo ... } expression will
be formatted differently afterwards (or even use different note values!)
since it will get converted back and forth.

> It's funny how much you forget relying on tools and other shortcuts.

Your files appear to be rather old.  It's still probably a good first
approximation to run them through convert-ly and then see what else you
need to fix up.

--
David Kastrup