Re: Log output

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Log output
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:55:38 -0500

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Experimenting, I see that this started happening when I introduced the following into the layout context for Score:

\override NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = ##f

Leaving this out, one gets bar numbers, every eight bars. Putting this line in, on a minimal example I don’t even get that log line of output at all. Is this to be expected?

The [8][16]... output is created by lily/paper-column-engraver.cc, and it represents an ongoing count of breakable columns.  Apparently, they are organized in groups of 8 as a progress indication.  Your override makes paper columns unbreakable, so there's nothing to count.

David