Strange LilyPond crash

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Strange LilyPond crash
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 11:27:36 +0100

Hi list,

I am currently reworking some older stuff that compiled perfectly under 2.13.x

Yes, I used convert-ly on all files, but nevertheless, I encountered a strange problem:

I have a drum part, consisting of an upper and a lower DrumVoice, and if I try to compile the full Drum score, I get a segfault.

I tried to reduce the number of notes and realized that if I include either drum voice, everything is fine.

Next, I included the complete upper voice and commented out parts of
the lower drum voice. Now lilypond compiles upto a certain point in the score, but if I include *one more note*, I get the segfault again.

Well, we talk about 70 measures with eighths, quarter notes and some triplets, so I don't believe that LilyPond runs out of memory.

I am currently using 2.19.32.

Any ideas of what's going wrong here?

Marc