Re: Settings for automatic beam slope

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Settings for automatic beam slope
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:19:33 +1100

Hi Urs,

Im my work I set almost every beam manually (fiddly and time consuming, but worthwhile).

Some useful functions I wrote:

setBeamPos =
#(define-music-function
  (left right)
  (number? number?)
  "Manually set beam position for next group."
  #{
    \once \override Beam.positions = #(cons left right)
  #})

setBeamPosAll =
#(define-music-function
  (left right)
  (number? number?)
  "Manually set beam position for following groups."
  #{
    \override Beam.positions = #(cons left right)
  #})

But how about the beam damping factor that can be set globally? Is that what you are seeking? Setting beam.damping globally as follows is useful for when you do actually want all flat beams, something I also need a lot:

\override Beam.damping = #+inf.0

I am not sure why your example is flat by default.

Andrew