Re: Layout of a (piano) hand indicator

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Layout of a (piano) hand indicator
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:32:04 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Am 25.11.2015 um 11:26 schrieb Jacques Menu:
>>> Hello Urs,
>>>
>>> The horizontal part is not visible if the note head lies on a line:
>>
>> I know that and therefore I wouldn't consider this a proper solution.
>> If I would want to make that a generally usable tool I would have to
>> think about some logic to support this.
>> But in the score at hand I just need that once ...
>>
>> Urs
>

> There's Robin's approach:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-07/msg00536.html
>
> Although it does not compile with 2.19.32 even after running convert-ly.
> I assume it wouldn't be that hard to do the remaining manually, right
> now I've not the time, though...

You have to replace one instance of

((ly:music-function-extract whateveritwas) (*parser*) (*location*) ...)

with

(whateveritwas ...)

Maybe ly:music-function-extract should have been renamed altogether when
removing the parser/location arguments so that one could have provided a
compatibility wrapper under that name.

I'm not sure how often this will be an issue, though.

--
David Kastrup