using Lilypond

From: Jud
Subject: using Lilypond
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 12:55:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all
First post.
I have downloaded Lilypond for windows 7.
I went through the test that confims that Lily is working.
I have been presented with the welcome notes as well as
a command propt box. Where am I supposed to start typing text?
 The command box does not want to take any text.
 Looing at screen shoots it seems that maybe another screen should appear
 that has not loaded, one that I can type text into?
As it is I can input anything anywhere. Much appreciated.
Complete newby.
regards