Re: using Lilypond

From: Greg
Subject: Re: using Lilypond
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 14:35:04 +0000

On 26/12/2015 13:44, judson collins wrote:
> Hi Greg
> Thanks
> yes I realised I could edit the scale that was presented mulike editing
> a web page.
>  So now I have done dozens of tests trying to figure what the codes are.
> octaves, durations etc.
>  I will lok at frescobaldi tomorrow. Is there a tabulated page of
> shortcut commands somewhere yo umight know of?
> Kind Regards
>
>  Jud

Hi Jud,

I would recommend working your way through the Learning Manual
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/). That link is
for version 2.18 (the stable version), which I would recommend for new
users. Feel free to use Frescobaldi as your editor throughout.

Once you are a bit more proficient, the Notation Reference will be
useful (http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/). This
includes a cheat sheet, which you might find useful:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/cheat-sheet

Frescobaldi also has a quick insert toolbar (Tools menu > Quick insert).

Good luck!

Greg.