Re: Help with unexpexted double barline trouble and \markup

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Help with unexpexted double barline trouble and \markup
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:46:53 +0000

On 15 January 2016 at 14:37, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Carl-Henrik,

> Bar 1)
> Stemlets. Do it have to be this hard creating them? Is there a way to make it global? Also, i want the stemlet to reach down towards the rest. How?

This may be related to the issue Urs is working on at the moment. In any case, I’m sure there are automatic ways to make your preference global.

According to the documentation, no...

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/beams#automatic-beams

"Beams must be entered manually if beams are to be extended over rests."

But I have seen a snippet through which you can avoid the slur AND beam in the following:
a8 ([ b c d ]) a ([ b c d])

I can't remember where I saw it!

Chris