Re: Alignment of ‘non-extremal’ bass figures

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Alignment of ‘non-extremal’ bass figures
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 14:57:08 +0100

On 16.01.2016 12:16, Thomas Morley wrote:
>Hello,
>
>does anyone know how to vertically align the 9 and 8 in the following
>example?
>
>\version "2.19.35"
>\score {
>   <<
>     { s1 }
>     \figures {
>       <10 9>4  <8>
>     }
>   >>
>}
>
>TIA, Simon
Hi Simon,

aligning 9 and 8 makes only sense, if the 10 from the first continues
in the second BassFigure.

That will be implied if the figures are aligned.

In this case you should use
BassFigureContinuation, which can be made transparent, ofcourse.

Good idea. I’m poking in the dark a little bit, since I don’t have the source at hand, only scholarly editions (one from the late 19th century, one very recent). It seems that the older one tampers less with the original way of notation here…

Best, Simon