Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Lilypond and Jazz chords
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 00:08:01 +0100

Thanks for code and links!

> A properly formatet complex chord stacks alterations in parenthesis.

Well, I disagre - at least as a general verdict.

> Lilyponds default is
> [...] undesirable.

Ofcourse I disagree again, ;)
Though, there are so many opinions about that topic...

The main problem is that current LilyPond-default is very hard to
tweak, apart from doing exceptions as Kieren already demonstrated.

I once started rewriting chordnames. [1]
Finally it aimed at easy user-tweakable formatting.
I got distracted by other urgent lily-issues and real-life duties and
didn't continue.
Maybe, I'll get back to it once ...

Cheers,
  Harm