Centering a musical example and reducing the vertical space between exam

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Centering a musical example and reducing the vertical space between example and text
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 13:43:15 +0100

Dear all,

Underneath the scores Im working on are comments, in many cases interspersed with little musical examples.
I am setting the comments in two columns, one with the original German text, the other with an English translation.

Her is an example of what it looks like now.

How can I center the musical example?
And how can I reduce the space between he example and the next text-block?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone